(Ages 8-12) Muslim Inventions & Masterminds
In this one-of-a-kind class inspired by the book 1,001 Inventions of the Muslims, students learn about the amazing polymaths of the Golden Era and their contributions to human civilization. Together we explore the masterminds' biographies, admire their discoveries, and build projects related to their inventions. This is an interactive series with a new discovery in every class!
- Week one: We will learn about Islamic glass art and make our own vessel with calligraphy.
- Week two: We learn about town planning of Andalusia and make our own board game.
- Week three: We learn about Islamic Paradise Gardens and design our own.
- Week Four: We learn about domes and arches and make pop-up art.
- Week Five: We learn about maps and make our own puzzle.
- Week Six: We learn about exploration and make our own globe.
- Week seven: We learn about astronomy and make our own astrolabe.
- Week Eight: We learn about the legacy of Muslims and make our own time capsule.
Timings & Details:
Time: Wednesdays,10am CST / 11am EST
Date: January 11th - February 29th
Cost $89 USD (first student) $150 (for 2+ sibling group)
Where: Online, ZOOM